Baked chocolate fingers
My pantry is always stocked up with dried fruits and nuts, but being a conscious eater I don’t hog them when I see them in my kitchen pantry. As a kid I was always under the scanner of my mother as I would end up eating all the nuts she has stored for cooking. But that was fun to steal from your own kitchen pantry and serve as snacks for my chit chat moments with my sisters
I have used almonds, pistachios, walnuts, dried figs and dried apricots along with porridge oats, chocolate and palm sugar. Nuts are nutritional powerhouses as they are packed with loads of vitamins ,minerals, proteins and fats. The nutritional benefits they sow on your body are amazing that ranges from maintaining a good sound heart to good bone health.The nuts used in the recipe are low in sodium and high in potassium.
- 125 gms Butter
- 125 gms Powdered Palm Sugar
- 75 ml Honey or Golden syrup
- 200 gms Porridge oats
- 100 gms Milk chocolate
- 75 gms Dried apricots and Dried figs
- 75 gms Dried nuts
- Mix all chopped nuts, dried fruits, porridge oats and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Heat the butter, honey or golden syrup and palm sugar in a bowl.Continue stirring till butter melts and leave it to cool.
- Mix all of the assorted nuts and syrup mixture (honey, butter, palm sugar) using a spatula so that they combine thoroughly.
- Pour it in a baking tray and bake it for 30 minutes at 180 c
- photo credit: verybestbaking.com