Agathi Keerai / Gaach Munga Sabji
Agathi leaves / August tree leaves are of great importance due to its medicinal properties. It is used in south east asian cuisines. The consumption is good for healing ulcers and other digestion related problems.
- One bunch Agathi green leaves (cleaned)
- 1/4 cup Coconut (grated) - 1/4 cup
- For Tempering
- 1 tablespoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Nigella seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Onions (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Garlic cloves(sliced)
- 1/4 Turmeric powder
- 4 Red chilli (dry)
- Salt to taste
- First clean the leaves and keep it aside in a bowl
- Pour oil in a frying pan or a cooking vessel, put mustard seeds, nigella seeds to cracle, then add onions, garlic and red chillies and stir properly.
- Now add green leaves, turmeric powder and stir it
- Close it with lid and cook in a medium flame for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Open the lid, add grated coconut and stir thoroughly.
- While preparing the dish, stir properly so that green leaves doesn't stick to each other