Mango Drumstick Curry
- 1 Comments
One day in my pantry all I was left with was a mango and a few drumsticks. With one hour for the lunch bells to ring, I tried this new curry by myself and it turned out to be a tasty curry to be served with rice.
- 6 pieces Drumstick (2&1/2 inch)
- 8 pieces Mango (raw, medium dice cut)
- 1/2 cup Onions (small), chopped
- 3Green chillies (slited)
- 5 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 inch piece Ginger (crushed)
- 1&1/2 cupCoconut milk
- 1/2 cup Water (if required)
- For masala
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon Fenugreek powder
- Salt to taste
- 1&1/2 tablebspoon Coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- One sprig Curry leaves
- Pour oil to the kadai or any cooking vessel, add mustard seeds, when they crackle add onions, green chillies, garlic, ginger, curry leaves and saute thoroughly.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, fenugreek powder.
- Add drumstick and pour coconut milk and let the curry take time to cook.
- When drumstick is almost cooked put raw mangoes and cook it for 5 minutes in medium flame, make sure the mangoes doesn't get mushy.
- The curry is ready and tastes best when served with rice.