Wheat Butter Cookies
You think Butter you think about the calorie part and we forget about the goodness of Butter . As kids we were asked to include butter in our diet but as we grow up we don’t like to have them in our diet thinking about the calorie part. So how healthy is Butter?. Butter is a dairy product which contains fat and other nutrients like calcium, potassium and vitamins like A, K and D. Butter cookies are deliciously great and are easy to make on a weekend evening. I have used wheat flour instead of the plain flour and jaggery powder instead of sugar and to give a magical touch to these buttery bites i have added dessicated coconut to enchance crunchy taste.
- 180 grams unsalted butter
- ¼ cup jaggery powder
- 1 & ½ cups Whole wheat flour
- 4 tbsp Dessicated coconut
- Cream the butter and sugar powder in a bowl till creamy and fluffy.
- Add wheat flour gradually , using your finger tips roll them to a smooth dough. Roll the dough into a cylinder shaped log.
- Sprinkle dessicated coconut on a sheet of grease proof paper. Press each side of the log into the dessicated coconut to coat it evenly.
- Wrap them with grease proof paper and chill in refrigerator for about 30 minutes .
- Unwrap the log and cut with a sharp knife into small thick slices. Place them apart on greased tray.Preheat the oven to 10 minutes. Bake for about thirty minutes at 180 c or until light brown. Remove from oven and cool the cookies on a wire rack.
- Photo Creddit
- Photo by Food Photographer | Jennifer Pallian on Unsplash