Christmas Fruit cake
The festival of Christmas is loved by everyone and the moment this deicious piece of Fruit cake strikes our taste buds Christmas bells starts to ring in our ears. Without this Fruit cake or the Plum cake the festival of Christmas is incomplete.Try this easy to make Fruit cake.
- 200 gms Butter
- 200 gms Powdered Sugar
- 200 gms All Purpose Flour
- 5 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Mixed Spices Powder or Cinnamon Powder
- One Pinch Salt
- 2 tablespoon Caramel
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 cup Dry Fruits (soaked in rum)
- Pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes at 175 c.
- Whisk the eggs lightly along with vanilla essence and keep it aside.Cream the butter till soft and shiny in a separate bowl.
- Add powdered sugar to butter little by little and beat it thoroughly. Add the whisked eggs little by little and beat it continuosly so that curdling of the mixture doesn’t take place.
- Cut and fold the sieved dry ingredients Flour, Baking powder,Baking soda ,Salt ,Mixed Spices powder.
- Add soaked dry fruits and caramel to the mixture to get the right batter. Bake the cake for 45 to 50 minutes at 175 C
- Note: Toss the soaked dry fruits using some refined flour before mixing it to the batter which will allow them to spread evenly in the batter.
To make the Caramel
- Take three tablespoons of sugar and heat it in medium flame.The sugar will melt and start to burn ,add a little water around the corners of the pan .Turn the flame off and cool it.
- Photo credit: kitchen sizzler gallery