Coconut chocolate cake
- 3 Comments
This flavoursome unusual combination of chocolate and coconut is definitely a match made in heaven. This moist decadent chocolate cake will throw the rest of the sweet delicacies from your dessert table .I love coconuts and I am the happiest person on earth to blend them with other ingredients to bring out a delicious baking creation.
Like turmeric, coconuts have entered the diet lands of western countries in all of its forms such as coconut oil, coconut cream and coconut powder due its nutritive value. Coconuts are known as the tree of life and are highly nutritious and high in fibre loaded with vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6.They contain minerals including Iron,Calcium,Magnesium and Phosphorous. Coconut milk are the best choice for people with lactose intolerance.
- 175g Unsalted butter
- 150 g Palm Jaggery(powdered)
- 3 Eggs
- 150g Refined flour
- 125g Dessicated coconut:
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoon Milk
- For chocolate glaze
- 200g Dark chocolate:
- 25g Butter
- 2 tbsp Almond flakes
- 1 tbsp Dessicated coconut
- Pre heat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 c.
- Beat the eggs ,coconut,milk and vanilla essence in a separate bowl till they are light and creamy and keep it aside.
- Cream the butter till soft and shiny and add powdered jaggery powder together till it softens.Add all the sieved dry ingredients including refined flour and baking powder into the bowl.
- Add the egg mixture to the bowl .Cut and fold lightly and pour the cake batter to the greased tin and bake them for 25 to 30 minutes
- For the glaze melt the dark chocolate along with butter in a bowl over simmering water and pour the melted ganache over the top of the cake and spread it with a icing knife.Decorate with almond flakes and the dessicated coconut.
- Photo credit:serious eats .com