Sardine Fish Fry
- Non Vegetarian
Sardines / pilchards are a good source of proteins, vitamins, minerals and a good source of omega 3 fatty acids. Sardines can be pan fried, grilled, smoked and can be used in curries. This fish is called mathi or chala in Kerala and it is the most relished fish in my home.
- 250 gms cleaned Sardines
- Marination paste/Masala
- 1/4 tea spoon Turmeric powder
- 1 table spoon Red chilli powder
- 3/4 table spoon Black pepper powder
- 2 Small onions
- Salt as required
- Oil for frying
- Marinate the cleaned sardines using the masala for 30 minutes.
- Take a frying pan,when pan is hot pour oil, fry the marinated sardines for 5 minutes and turn it over and fry it for 3 to 5 minutes in medium flame