Corn / Maize Cutlet
- 1 Comments
Corn/Maize is a cereal which is rich in vitamin B constituents especially Thiamin and Niacin. It is said to have originated in Mexico and is used in many cuisines. This recipe is very important to me because this is one of the first food making experiences I had 10 years ago. It was indeed a serendipity by fate which motivated me to be passionate chef and baker.
- 250gms Corn Niblets (Cooked)
- 3 Green chillies
- 2 Onions (medium, finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbspCoconut oil / refined oil (for frying and tempering)
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- First remove the corn niblets and boil the corn niblets in two cups of water. Once cooked squeeze them in a muslin cloth to drain the excess water.
- Using food processor/mixer coarsely grind the corn niblets along with green chillies. Remove it and keep it aside in bowl.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add carom seeds till they change colour and add chopped onions and saute them.
- Add ginger garlic paste and add the coarsely grinded mixture, add pepper powder and salt and saute for five minutes. When it is almost done add coriander leaves. Let it cool down for few minutes.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs with little salt and in another tray spread the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in kadai / frying pan. Take small portions of the mixture and make small sized round cutlets. Dip it in egg mixture and roll it through the bread mixture and fry it in medium flame. Serve it hot with tomato sauce
- Tip: Garam masala can be used